Things I Love: Disney Princess Superheroes


More Disney Remix! Artist Isaiah Stephens re-imagined some of our favourite Disney princesses as ass kicking female superheroes. There's nothing I love more than Disney fan-art so this completely made my day. Above is Mulan as Xena, Warrior Princess (grew up on that show!) and after the jump, you can check out what he did with Princesses Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and Rapunzel. (Hint, Game of Thrones is involved!) 

I absolutely adore Disney and I grew up with these princess, but obviously, as a feminist, I recognize how problematic so many of their stories are. I always love seeing them re-imagined as strong, willful women with more autonomy and drive. It's refreshing to be reminded that being a princess doesn't have to mean that you're helpless. Let me know which one is your favourite in the comments below!

Continue Reading My Brilliance! >>>

Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine