Misc. Music: Applause by Lady Gaga (Directed by Inez & Vinoodh)


I don't think I realized how much I missed Lady Gaga until this video debuted.

Gaga has been out of the news cycle for so long that I stopped caring what she was up to, and I wasn't that concerned with what she'd been doing. But this video is clearly a return to form. It's a little bit of Born This Way, Alejandro and straight up art and fashion culture rolled into one. I'm obsessed.

The visuals are beautiful, due in no small part to fashion photographers Inez &Vinoodh, I'm sure. I have to say I'm very on board with this new trend of fashion photographers as music video directors. Madonna's Girl Gone Wild by Mert & Marcus is still one of my favourite videos of all time, and maybe Applause could be next on the list.

In the end, I have to say, I wasn't really here for Applause until the video debuted. I didn't dislike the song, but it seemed to me to be classic Gaga. But the visuals really brought it home for me. I'm a fickle fan; judge me. While it isn't bad, I had hoped for something more... innovative from the woman who brought us Bad Romance. So while, the song is a bit of a letdown, the video follows in classic Gaga tradition of incorporating disconnecting visual elements to create a compelling story. I am SO here for it. Check out a few stills of my favourite moments from the video after the jump.

Continue Reading My Brilliance! >>>

Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine