I Now Declare Myself A BAMF Because, Final Cut Pro.


I very rarely toot my own horn, but I have declared myself a BAMF today, in honour of this (not quite, but still...) momentous occasion! I kid, but seriously. It took me 3 hours, but I've finaly gotten the hang of FCPX, and if you know me, then you know that's cause for celebration.

I didn't expect to, but I really enjoyed doing multimedia work when I was in college, and I had always planned to continue when I got home. But then my computer died, and I was broke, and you know how that story goes...

But earlier this week, a year later, I finally got a brand new MacBook, and I spent three days getting all the software I needed to work on my multimedia pieces. Naturally, this is Apple we're talking about so a year later, Final Cut Pro looks nothing like it did when I learnt on it, so I had to relearn the essentials. It took me hours last night, but I finally figured it out, and I AM SO PUMPED. So many ideas!

As a warmup, I'm putting together a short piece from some clips I had meant to use over a year ago from a photoshoot I assisted on. It won't be anything major, but this is really just to help get me back in the swing of the program, and familiarize myself with it. As you can see I've only managed to place the title cards and throw in some music so far, but I say baby steps. I'm on my way.

I'm really super excited because there have been so many projects I've wanted to do over the last year that I didn't have the resources to explore, and now I do. I can't wait to go crazy with it. I will make all the multimedia pieces! But in all seriousness, multimedia has always been the aspect of photojournalism that I really liked, and it gives me a way to explore subjects that interest me in a more rounded out way. It's awesome.

So look out! I'll finally be posting more original photography and multimedia work and I am so excited!

Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine