Bits and Bobs on Feminist Theory #4: More People Are Feminists Than They Think

It's pretty clear that very few people actually understand feminism, or what the intersectional feminist movement actually stands for.

It really bugs me that so many people (including people I know) are so adamantly against identifying as feminist, and feminism in general, when so much of the way they live their lives makes it pretty clear that they're feminists.

And it's not that I advocate forcibly applying labels to people. I don't. But it upsets me that people who agree with 90% of the same feminist philosophy that I do, will advocate for reproductive rights in one breath, and call feminism outdated and obsolete in the next.

Feminism needs a complete rebranding before the pver-arching idea of "hairy lesbian bra-burners" disappears forever, but until then, it's actually not that hard to do the research, read the theory, and actually understand the tenets of the philosophy you claim to be so vehemently against.


Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine