My Secret Celeb Best Friend: Lizzy Caplan Edition


I want Lizzy Caplan to be my best friend. I bet you want her to be your best friend too. Tough shit though, 'cuz I called dibs.

You know that feeling you get when you read about a celebrity enough, or see enough of their work that you think you have them figured out? "JLaw looks like she'd be down to hang!" you say. Or "Rebel Wilson would be awesome to party with." Yeah, that feeling. That, I-have-never-met-you-but-I-bet-you're-awesome-and-we-should-totally-be-besties-right-now feeling. Here are all the reasons I get the warm-snugglies about my girl Lizzy here.

SHE'S A BADASS (AND WITTY AND SMART)
Arguably best known as Janice Ian in Mean Girls, Lizzy Caplan isn't the girl you want to fuck with. If you do, she'll make your face smell like feet, and make you fat with Swedish health bars.


SHE IS GORGEOUS ENOUGH THAT YOU'RE ALWAYS IN AWE OF HER, BUT NOT SO GORGEOUS THAT YOU'RE JEALOUS
Well maybe this is just me, but I seriously think Lizzy Caplan is stunning. I just like her face. She has these big gorgeous eyes that stare into you, and you think it's romantic, but really she's rooting around inside you to identify all your bullshit. She has the kind of effortless looks that most women simply cannot achieve  Roll out of bed? Still gorgeous.
I lied. I'm very jealous.

YOU JUST KNOW SHE'S THAT AWESOME FRIEND WHO CONVINCES YOU TO DO DUMB THINGS YOU'LL REGRET
Let's look at her role as Kate Hudson's best friend in My Best Friend's Girl, or as Amy in True Blood. You  KNOW Lizzy is gonna try to make you do some dumb shit like take advantage of some poor guy, or get high on vampire blood. Lizzy is all about that. Because Lizzy has no fucks to give. Also, she has a big lesbian  crush on you, because she's too gay to function.

SHE BASICALLY PLAYS THE SAME CHARACTER IN EVERY MOVIE AND IT NEVER GETS OLD
I think this is self-explanatory. You know the one. They slightly messed up, carefree, possibly drug using sidekick who never bothered to get her shit together. And I still love her.

SHE DOESN'T TAKE HERSELF SERIOUSLY
But actually. Just look at this "fashion film". Aren't they all incredibly insufferable? My girl Lizzy knows that. She's in on the joke you guys. My girl Lizzy is with it. I love her.





THERE'S JUST NO WAY SHE ISN'T ACTUALLY AWESOME
Look, I understand that I'm conflating Lizzy the person with all the different characters she plays, but I think that the parts an actress accepts say a lot about the actress themselves. Lizzy's roles? All badass, ergo, Lizzy is badass.

But seriously, Lizzy Caplan is all kinds of awesome and I love her. She's just the first in a long line of awesome secret celebrity best friends I haven't told anyone about because I'm contractually obligated not to.

I know, I know... I have problems.

Who is your secret celebrity best friend? Let me know in the comments. I swear I won't judge you!


Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine