In With the New: Starting 2013 with a Fresh Face and a New Attitude





Karlie Kloss by Patrick Demarchelier

I wanted to start this piece by writing something super profound about new beginnings for the new year and whatnot, but I'm not feeling very profound today. I'm actually feeling very ill and mildly feverish, and I can't breathe because I've had the flu for over a week. But YOU KNOW... these things happen. 

But on a serious note, I love new years. I love the symbolism of new beginnings, and new opportunities. 2012 was a difficult but ultimately rewarding year for me. I learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of, and I can't wait to implement those lessons in 2013.

I have a lot that I want to accomplish this year. I'll be turning 23, crossing the one year mark post graduation, and continuing to make strides at my first "real" job, and doing more freelance and multimedia work. There are a lot of amazing things in store for me this year. I can feel it in my bones. And I'm very excited to see what those opportunities will be, and to dive into them headfirst. For the first time I'm in a position to go after the things that I want, and it feels scary, but amazing. 

There are twelve pristine months ahead of me. I plan to fill them with as much accomplishment and as many new experiences as I can. 

I can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine