Misc. Music: No Church In the Wild (Kanye West & Jay-Z ft. Frank Ocean)


For everything horrible thing that you can (justifiably) say about Kanye West, you have to admit that he knows how to put together a visual.

One of the things that I love about his music is that he never leaves you hanging. He uses every means he can get his hands on to demonstrate for you what he's trying to say. From his videos for Runaway and Power to Love Lockdown and Paranoid, you can always tell that a lot of thought goes into the visuals for his music. As repulsive as he behaves sometimes, you have to respect his artistry.

This video really shows you how in tune to his themes he really is. This video doesn't even feature him (or Jay-Z or Frank Ocean) but he still manages to get his point across. Presumably drawing from the London riots and the Occupy Wall Street protests, Kanye managed to bring to life the growing state of civil unrest, and political turmoil. It's very poignant.

I don't really have much more to say, because I honestly think the video speaks for itself. Kanye is a great artist, and I love his music. I just wish he had a tiny bit more etiquette.


Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine