Cover Wars: Zenia Sevastyanova Smolders in Giles for Dazed & Confused’s July 2012

Zenia Sevastyanova Smolders by Kacper Kasprzyk

One last cover to round out Tuesday's lineup. 

Everything about this cover is perfect to me. From the bow-tie to the boots to the shag cut to the burn holes, it just scream fa-shun to me. Lame I know. 

I've always thought that the less commercial mags tend to have more interesting visual covers. I love D&C and Numéro covers because they're always so much less about appealing to passers-by, and more about pulling in dedicated fashion readers and lovers. They create covers that someone who appreciates fashion can be drawn into and love. I love me some Marie Claire and Elle, but Numéro, Candy, D&C, Paper? Covers are way better. They're collectibles I tell you. :)

What do you think? Which magazines produce your favourite covers? Do you prefer commercial covers, or more artistic ones like this?


Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine