The SVA MPS Fashion Photography Graduate Program (and my career dreams!)

via PLola
Stephanie Salloum by Cate Young

Today, is an awesome day for me. Today is the day that I finally, FINALLY wrap up my application to the SVA MPS Fashion Photography Graduate Program. I've been working on the application for months now, and I'm so glad to finally be done with it, and to get an admissions decision. *cross fingers* I want to get into this program so badly, and I can only hope that the administrators at SVA will see enough potential in me to give me a chance.

via PLola
Jessica Petritis by Cate Young

Even though I'm currently a senior at BU, grad school was never really in my plans. When I came across SVA's program, it was like the world opened up to me. I'm in a (nationally acclaimed) journalism program, which would be great if I actually wanted to be a photojournalist, but fashion is where my heart is, and the MPS at SVA is one of the few programs in the country that focuses specifically on the art of fashion photography.

If I get in, I can look forward to an intensive and thorough curriculum, and the opportunity to learn from award winning faculty members. Additionally, I'll have the opportunity to see guest lecturers like fashion critic Cathy Horn, photographers Tim Walker and Sølve Sundsbø, (who I ADORE) and Caroline Wolff, the Photo Editor of W, ie. my dream publication! I'm hyperventilating just thinking about the opportunities...

Getting accepted to this program would be...more than a dream come true. It would be an opportunity to learn from industry members who know what they're doing, because they've lived it. I'll be mentored by the very people who I want to work with some day, and the thought of that blows my mind frankly.

Hopefully I should get an admissions decision soon. The program is new, so here's hoping no one knows about it yet and doesn't apply, and they're forced to accept me just to keep their numbers up! I have always said that my biggest mistake was not going to school in NY, but I think that this works out for the best. I have great experience from Pulitzer prize winning faculty (and a recommendation!) and now, I'll hopefully be lucky enough to continue on this tragetory right into the pages of Vogue, W, and Marie Claire.

Here's hoping!

These two pictures are samples from the portfolio that I'm submitting. For the full portfolio, visit the album on my facebook page. Don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments!



















Popular posts from this blog

#Scandal: I Know That Olivia Pope Isn't Perfect; It's Part Of The Reason I Love Her

Cover Wars: Nicki Minaj by Howard Huang for Paper Magazine